me: and you know what else? [2000 word rant]
has anyone seen recent pictures of aly and aj bc like
- sirius definitely gets up earlier than anyone else, partially because he just wakes up early and partially because he has to complete all the things that he does to make his existence look effortless and cool when everyone is awake (his hair, probably his eyebrows, oftentimes his homework or some serious cramming so everyone is kidded into thinking he doesn’t have to study at all). overall sirius doesn’t sleep all that much, and it takes him a really long time to fall asleep anyway. he often tries to drag someone else up with him and usually can manage to get james up if he bribes him with breakfast or prank planning or something.
- when he has his own flat he gets up way early and sits on the porch and smokes and watches muggle parents taking their kids to school. they all glare at him because he wears a muggle bathrobe with a really stupid pattern and slippers and puts his hair up in a bun and smokes and drinks a giant cup of coffee and generally looks like a vagabond.
- james SNORES. really loud. and in the winter when it’s cold he’ll cocoon himself into a potter blanket burrito and wander around wrapped up in blankets. he never ever makes his bed. he’s simultaneously the best and the worst person to share sleeping space with, because again he snores like a fucking locomotive and he’s generally rather pointy and wiggly but he’s also a nondiscriminatory snuggler in his sleep so he keeps you really warm. he also has the tendency to get really involved in planning a prank or reading something or quidditch plans or whatever and stay up really really late as a result (he probably also just keeps talking to the room without really being aware of how much time has gone by so eventually someone has to be like JAMES GO TO BED but once he does he starts snoring so someone has to be like JAMES WAKE UP. he can’t win)
- peter is a pretty average sleeper overall, he’s a really sound sleeper and wakes up at a pretty normal time and he doesn’t hog blankets and its generally known that if you have to share a bed with someone you want to share it with peter because he doesn’t kick and he keeps you warm and if you wake up in the middle of the night for some reason he’ll wake up too and see if you’re okay and won’t be mad about it the next day. he always makes his bed (a habit left over from his mom). also he hides snacks under his bed so it’s sortof the place to be when it’s cold and you’re hungry.
- remus my son is always the last person to be awake, and in general he is most likely to be asleep at any given time. he falls asleep a lot. in class, at lunch, in the middle of conversations sometimes. there’s a table in the back of the library that he’s often found napping at and people have learned to stay away from it because remus is fucking mean when he’s woken unexpectedly. they just know better than to walk over there. in order to get remus out of bed before about noon on the weekend you have to come armed with tea and breakfast and approach very cautiously and not make sudden movements (he hexed james’s eyebrows off once and he felt really bad about it afterwords and fixed them). if the building was on fire remus would probably be like ‘mm mm hfdm five more minutes.’ he’s scary first thing in the morning.
- when remus and sirius share a flat sirius will get up and make breakfast and do his thing for a few hours before remus gets up, and then they usually make breakfast all over again because by then sirius is hungry and it’s more like lunch
i dont know why these headcanons are so specific but, there you go. tada
I think I understand Quidditch more than I understand football.
I know I understand quidditch more than I understand football.
See, I’m not even sure which football you’re talking about.
Don’t have that problem with quidditch.
I don’t believe in love at first sight, but I do know who’s gonna be my favorite character from like, two seconds of screen time.